Gdańsk is the Polish maritime capital with the population near half a million. It is a large centre of economic life, science, culture, and a popular tourist destination. Lying on the Bay of Gdańsk and the southern cost of the Baltic Sea the city is a thousand years old. With its Hanseatic tradition, it h played a major role in the commercial relationships between Northern and Western Europe on the one hand, and the countries of Central and Eastern Europe on the other hand. Today, Gdańsk is the capital of the Pomeranian province and very important administration centre.
Distance: 73 km
Łeba’s environs are famous in Europe for their moving dunes, broad beaches with exceptionally light, yellow, soft and clean sand, and healing microclimate, with a high level of salt and iodine in air.
Distance: 70 km
The Chinaware Works 'Lubiana’ SA (Join Stock Company) has been one of the biggest prodecees of china in Poland since 1969. Thanks to modem technology, up – to date machines and instalation and qualified stuff we can offer a wide range of high – quality products. We specialize in manufacturing of chinaware for hotels (shape: Ameryka, Arcadia, Kaszub, Hel, Neptun, Merkury, Quatro, Scandia, Wersal), alongside with a wide range of fine porcelane foe individual customes (shape: Ambasador, Jastra, Gabi, Lydia, Nadia, Regina, Roma, Sonia, Afrodyta). At present we produce a wide range of asortments of a chineware , both on- and inglazed with can be used in micro-wave ovens and dish-washers. Nearly 80% of our production is exported to more than 30 countries all over the world. Out present production compacity amounts to 3,5 million pieces per month.
Distance: 28 km
The most well known remnant in Kartuzy is the Karthusian Collegiate. The Karthusian Church Monastery was built in 1381 on the John Thiegart’s initiative. The building work was directed by master Tiedeman. The temple was consecrated on the 7th of October 1403. It was built in lengthened, one – nave, closed of the east side by three – wall octagon form (length: 44,6m, width: 9,25m, height: 11,40m) with a starry firmament. At the beginning the church was covered by shingle, which in 1513 was changed into lead sheet iron. During the time 1731 – 1733 the roof construction was rebuilt under Peter Lethauas direction. The Collegiate got a characteristic coffin – shaped roof, which stayed until now. At that time there was also built a new west tower and signatures: the middle one and the east one.
Distance: 35 km
Castle in Bytów
There on a hill rises an enormous Teutonic stronghold, Bytów. It dates back to the late 14th century when Teutonic Order bought the then settlement from the Pomeranian princes. Strategically located on a hill, it was moreover boarded by the flooding Bytowa River to the west… The whole construction was supervised by Mikolaj Fallenstein, the creator of the Malbork fortress. It was also visited then by the Great Teutonic Master, Konrad von Jungingen, since the investment was sponsored by the central Teutonic budget…It is located 52 km south of Slupsk and 88 km south-west of Gdansk.
Distance: 33 km
Cave in Mirachowo
There are two caves, first 3 m and second 6m. They are discovered between 50′ and 60′ of XX century.
Distance: 30 km
The Wdzydze Landscape Park
The Wdzydze Landscape Park is situated in the southern part of the Pomeranian voivodship, not far from other landscape parks and belongs to the least populated in the voivodship. It boasts about 2500 inhabitants in 58 settlement agglomerations (villages, hamlets, forest settlements). There are no towns, the larger villages are situated on the park boundaries or its outskirts. The park itself affords overnight and longer accommodation for 5800 persons including 2600 in holiday centres and 2000 in summer homes. The Wdzydze Landscape Park is a multifunctional area. Of primary importance are forestry, recreation, settlement and agriculture. The park occupies an area of 17 832 hectares. In the utilisation of land, the leading positions are occupied by forestry and tree stand density, this covering 11,360 ha (63,7 %). Arable land covers only 2 120 ha (11,9 % of the park’s area) and surface waters 1 915 ha (10,7%). The remaining area is occupied by settlements, recreation centres, communication and so-called iddle-land. A covering of 15 208 hectares has been established around the WLP.
Kashubian Museum in Kartuzy
While being in Kartuzy, one should not forget to visit the Kashubian Museum where, with a stroke of luck, one may be offered to take snuff or listen to „Kaszebszcze note”.
Distance: 35 km
Museum of the National Anthem
Heading west from Gdańsk you reach a marvelous region of Kaszuby, hilled region of forests, lakes, local specific culture with its own language. In the heart of the area you find small village – Będomin. The village is known for its Museum of the Polish National Anthem. In 1747 the place witnessed a birth of Józef Wybicki, later a general in Napoleon Bonaparte’s army. General Wybicki is an author of the Polish Legion’s Song which became a national anthem of Poland.
The Manor-house is accompanied by a beautiful garden with various plants, including a spectacular oak of 6 meters diameter.
Distance: 43 km
Regional Ceramics Museum
PPotts on the wooden fence. Chmielno – Cashoobian village near Kartuzy about 30 km west from Gdansk. Village is famous from Necel family (old country pottery).
Distance: 34 km
(Observation tower from 1905) Wiezyca (329 m above see level) is the highest in the Lowlands of Central Europe.
Distance: 39 km
Steam park in Koscierzyna
Steam Museum located at Towarowa 7 Street. A locomotive is a railway vehicle that provides the motive power for a train, and has no payload capacity of its own; its sole purpose is to provide power. Many trains feature self-propelled payload-carrying vehicles; these are not normally considered locomotives, and may be referred to as multiple units or railcars; the use of these self-propelled vehicles is increasingly common for passenger trains, but very rare for freight. Vehicles which provide the motive power to haul an unpowered train, but are not …
Distance: 34 km
The cave in Mechowo
The cave in Mechowo, also called the grotto in Mechowo is not big but it is the biggest natural curiosity situated at no great distance from Gdynia and Gdańsk. The grotto came into existence in the period of the youngest glaciations. The cave was discovered at the beginning of the XIX century by a surveyor Heue.
Distance: 91 km
The castle does not exist any more. It now lies in ruins. The castle was built in the early fourteenth century by Teutonic Knights. It lies about 2 km south-east of the village Stara Kiszewa (in the village Zamek Kiszewski).
Distance: 57 km
The adjoining a monastery complex
Żukowo is a small town of 6,5 thousand inhabitants. It lies on the Radunia in the eastern part of the Kasubian Lake District in the administrative district Kartuzy, 19km south-west of Gdańsk. The history of Żukowo is connected to the history of the monastery. The biggest attraction of the town is the formerly belonging to a monastery complex. The church built in the thirteenth century is one of the most valuable Pomeranian monuments of art. You can admire there sixteenth century, the seventeenth baroque high altar, pulpit and balustrade date from the same century, many paintings, sculptures and decorations. In the parish museum you can find many relics of the past and utensils, furniture of the early age’s monastery.
Distance: 48 km